Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sleep Training...

Has begun. We met with Ann Kepler this afternoon who helped create a sleep plan for the family. It is fairly straight forward. We tweaked our nighttime ritual a bit and then put her down in her crib. She's been crying for 15 minutes already. Lots of deep breathing on my part.

With some luck, this won't be overly traumatic for all involved. They say it doesn't harm the babies and, in the long run, is even beneficial in helping them to learn to self soothe. Man, I'm confident Amelia will be fine but I might be the one who needs therapy after this!

I'm going to bed shortly with my sleep aid, my earplugs and the air filter turned up as loud as it will go. Erik is downstairs with the monitor on; he will check on her after a certain period if she is still crying. Whew, this is hard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eek--15 minutes is a loooong time to have your baby crying. sorry, honey. How did it end up? (I don't think we had to go more than 10 with melzer).

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home