Monday, September 05, 2005

Tired


Dad & Susan are back from a wonderful fishing trip. Had a nice dinner at Mom's with them tonight. Missed Melz (at college) and Erik (working).

Sleep issues are massive. Amelia isn't sleeping any longer than one hour at a time. Oops...crying awake baby.

Update: after waking twice in less than an hour, I moved Amelia to our bed. She ate, snuggled in with Blanquita (the love kitty) and fell deeply asleep. Blanquita is the champion animal in our household. She always wants to be nearby me and Amelia and is so desparate for love that she tolerates Amelia grabbing big clumps of fur and the spasms of both foot and fist.

Amelia's favorite foods thus far: beef, nectarine & now yam. She really went to town on the yam tonight. Rice cereal remains disgusting to all involved: I'm contemplating throwing the stuff out.

I took a nectarine from mom's fruit bowl and Amelia saw it. Before I had even washed it off she was practically throwing herself from my arms to try and get it. She sucked on it for about 10 minutes and was a very happy girl.

Mom and I got ice cream cones yesterday on a walk. BIG MISTAKE! As soon as Amelia saw my cone, she was lunging for it. When lunging didn't get her the cone, she started screaming very loudly and consistently. This is while she is in the carrier on my chest. And she's only six and half months old. And she wanted my ice cream cone. Wanted it big time. It was as if she knew exactly how delicious it would be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to see updates on MBA (my favorite little girl. I would love to see pictures though. As I only get to see her every few weeks or so, and she is growing and changing so rapidly, updates would be lovely. That said, I am sure you are exhausted and pictures are the furthest thing from your mind. BTW - I love the picture of MBA and Melz =)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Star Girl said...

I have to agree about the photos, though I think that surviving is your primary job right now. Maybe you can make your husband do it in his ample free time. ;)

-Corinne

11:46 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I'm trying with the pictures but I'm having technical difficulties! I'll keep you both posted.
The good news is that I went through my pictures this week and have new ones to post...once I figure out what the problem is!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home